Tuesday, January 27
You know what doesn't grind my gears? Food. If I get food baskets for my birthday or for Christmas, I would be very happy. One of my fellow co-workers wishes to get me a food basket full of Newman's Own products, for I am quite the Paul Newman adorer. Yeah, I bet I'd fucking marry a dude who cooks. Folks say that the way to a man's heart is food. Well, the way to Christina's heart is food as well. Not that I'm implying that I'm a man or anything.

Sadly enough, I can't cook to save my life. I mean, if I put enough effort into it, I probably would be somewhat up to par with Rachel Ray - and that's not saying much at all. That fucking skank needs to be exiled from the United States and be exposed to that drowning torture shit. Or more preferably, the Chinese bamboo torture.

But anyway - I thought I'd make up a list of unexpected music that I kind of find surprising that I enjoy. Just for the hell of it, because I have not a single goddamn better thing to do on this lovely 60-degree afternoon in February.


1. Botch
I love this shit. Normally I'm not really into that "hardcore" stuff, but boy do I love Botch. There's too many "-core's," anyway. Mathcore? Grindcore? Emocore? Shitcore? What the flying fuck.

2. Fine Young Cannibals
Not only is the music spiffy, but the guy dances in a silly way that mesmerizes me every time that I see him on TV. That's pretty much all I have to say about Fine Young Cannibals.

3. The Goo Goo Dolls
They are very, quite decent. And they never really sold out or pulled a fucking commercial stint, doing eight commercials that I have to watch back-to-back between episodes of Nip/Tuck. Or at least in my point of view. And one major plus with this band is that Johnny Rzeznik - holy shit I'd tap that motherfucker.

4. John Denver
No, I was kidding. I don't really like John Denver at all.

5. Pantera
I do recall way back in the day when I wrote an entire entry about all of the stupid sneering pussy faces that Philip A. Anselmo tends to make when posing for pictures and how he takes himself too seriously. That shit was funny as hell, and it is probably why I still find it silly every time somebody mentions Pantera. But, I do enjoy them.

6. Peter Frampton
Yes, he indeed borders on the "Adult Soft-Rock" theme that they perhaps play on radio stations such as Light FM or something lame like that. But I do say that he is a rather gifted guitarist. I don't know - he doesn't grind my gears, that's pretty much it.

7. Wham!
Oh god. Who the fuck doesn't secretly like Wham? A lot of people. But at the same time I know a lot of people who do like Wham.




LOL


Christina N. @ 10:34 PM