Monday, September 3
Death Sentence was fucking amazing. Kevin Bacon kicked tons of ass. It was more on the "man movie" side, being quite an action flick, but the melodramatic moments were very well done and actually, the whole fucking thing was well done. I loved it so much, man. I probably love it more than I really should because I happen to be a huge Bacon-head. A lot of people make fun of me for it, but I've always made fun of Kevin Bacon anyway for his name and some of his shittier movies. But yeah, I am totally purchasing the DVD when it comes out. That is, if I still have any money left after buying both separately released Grindhouse films. Fucking lame.

But yeah, like any other dork, I had to critique:

Okay. I was looking forward to watching this movie because I happen to very much admire Kevin Bacon's acting skills and awesome name, and it's been quite a while since he's been in the spotlight. (I think the last time that I had seen him on TV was on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) Undoubtedly knowing that Halloween would definitely take the #1 spot in the box office this weekend, I thought I'd spend my ten bucks to support Death Sentence.

To be honest, I thought this was a really good movie. It was very well-done and the acting was great - much to the surprise to those who would think it'd turn out to be some kind of corny Jason Statham or Steven Seagal action flick. The plot seems kind of typical, and yes, also by the same guy who wrote the novel by which
Death Wish was written and therefore bares a resemblance, but Death Sentence was pretty damn good on its own. The dramatic parts by which family members get murdered really got me. I couldn't believe it the second time around that it happened. But nonetheless, the pace kept me captivated throughout the entire film and I was not bored at any point, whatsoever. One of my favorite scenes, by far was the chase scene that ended at the parking structure. It's up there with some of my favorite chase scenes of all time, with The French Connection (yes, it was that awesome). Death Sentence may be more on the "man movie" side, but all in all, the shooting scenes were great and Kevin Bacon kicked a lot of ass.

Today, on Labor Day of the year of 2007, I worked eight and a half hours. (irony, no?) I agreed to do the long shift, because I desperately need money (to buy more Paul Newman movies). My manager felt sorry for me, having found out that I hadn't a cent on me to buy lunch, so she decided to order Domino's for the entire staff that was working today. Pizza is junk food. Therefore that pizza was damn good. I ate four slices while on my break as I watched Tremors. It was some good times. That movie fucking cracks me up. Labyrinth was even funnier. If you hadn't already noticed, I took a very long break.

So I start my very first day of college tomorrow. Thank goodness it isn't at some ungodly hour in the morning, and starts at 10:00, with Russian (don't ask why). You know I conspire to do many peculiar things, and learning russian will help a lot. Actually I initially just wanted Italian but the stupid fuckass course was full. Hopefully after this one semester I could transfer over to the New Brunswick campus. It would reduce my risk of dying and I could be with my h0mi3z. I fucking hate Rutgers; I will never emphasize that enough.

Where the fuck is Mike Patton? He's been more dormant than Alec Baldwin after he realized that he fucking sucks.


Christina N. @ 10:15 PM