Tuesday, September 4
First day of college wasn't that bad. Russian was at 10:00 in the morning and we were dismissed only about 35 minutes later. It was quite a blessing, for I was very hungry already (what a surprise). The teacher was a sweet lady and didn't bore me as badly as my America & the World teacher. I'll get to that loser class later.

After Russian, I walked around campus looking for a place to get food. Being the social mole rat that I am, I stayed away from on-campus dining areas and searched outside for an independent eatery. There was this little asian (ha. ha.) cafe across the street with a cute little paper lantern in the front. I didn't even consider the shady-looking chinese restaurant next-door to it that was called "Lucky Good Fortune Restaurant" or some dirty generic shit like that.

Turns out that the only asian things in the asian cafe were the girl who works there and bubble drinks. What are bubble drinks? These are bubble drinks; also referred to as bubble tea, pearl drinks, boba tea, or just simply, boba:



It is generally, a fruit slushie (most preferably strawberry, mango, coconut, taro, etc. You know, weird fruits that prove that watermelon and apples aren't the only types of produce in the world) with soft and chewy tapioca pearls on the bottom. You drink it through a big straw. However, I have never seen boba drinks with fruit chunks placed on top like in the above photograph. I just chose it because it was pretty.

So yeah, I bought a coconut bubble drink without the bubbles because the cafe had run out, a poppyseed bagel with cream cheese and an M&M cookie. None of which were really good, but the girl working there was nice and the cafe was cute so I didn't really care. It's just that I'm probably not going to come back there for a long time.

I still had about two hours before my next class. Goddamn was I bored - especially without my car. Because, my parents both agreed that for the first month of college, my mom would have to sit passenger seat to and from school as I drove so that I would get familiar with Newark without getting myself into bad doody. Being without a car is not that bad; all I have to do is try to figure out the bus/transit schedule so that I could take trips to New York and actually have fun. Seriously, I spent a goddamn long time walking around the area of which surrounds University Heights, and there seriously is nothing to do.

All I found was a small gift shop of which smelled like funky incense that sold primarily Bob Marley memorabilia. How original. Can Rutgers-Newark and Newark itself be anymore lame? All there is in that fucking city are shady-looking eateries, homicidal alleys, exhaust fumes, black people, a couple thousand signs for the lame-ass art museum (I've been in there before; it really is lame), shitty-looking pizzerias, and parking lots. I think it's also the largest city in New Jersey. Could they at least have a shopping district? I can't even find a shopping plaza or mall or complex or anything online either! Fuck you, man. Seriously.

America & the World was terrible. I didn't really know that it was more technically a political science course. And I hate politics. It's nothing but bitching and bitching around in circles, only to go nowhere except to get fucking blown up. Lame. People have been taught politics for centuries. Never helped. But it's one of my required courses, so I have to stick with it if I want to transfer to New Brunswick or another college with more ease in the future. But anyway, the entire class today consisted of 18-year-old bitches who don't know shit about shit and constantly raising their hands to make a 7-minute speech about their opinions on Iraq, Jesus, and Pakistan. Let's make this clear - nobody gives a fuck. All I want to do is learn about the actual history topic; not about your feeble opinions. I know that I am also 18 and probably don't know shit about shit, but at least I don't constantly open my mouth and make an ass out of myself. The teacher herself was also a tool. Fuck that class. But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get on with life - and hopefully out of Newark.

I have finally figured out the easiest and quickest way to be a beautiful-looking person.



Be born a polish person. I fucking swear, man: every single polish person is gorgeous. Every single one of them. Every single polish person that I know is good-looking. Seriously, take a look at your acquaintances. Point out the ones that are of polish descent. Are they not sexy? What the fuck is wrong with Hitler, putting so many poles to shame in their own country? He was fucking jealous, that's what.

Oh, and by the way, Paul Newman is part jewish.


Christina N. @ 8:47 PM