Sunday, April 29
I won a bunny at work! Dude, I was so proud of myself. It's actually a stuffed toy that came in an Easter bucket that was filled with bags of candy, a chocolate bunny, and a Banana Republic notebook. It was given to me at the quarterly meeting this morning for being 2nd place to get the most in average transactions. Therefore it's kind of like being second in getting the most sales for the quarter (and I only work on weekends?). I know, I know it's not too fantabulicious (what a stupid fucking word) but hey, do you get chocolate bunnies at your job? I didn't think so.

I have to admit, my current job is really decent. Nobody is a goddamn asshole and my co-workers are decent folks. The managers are also really cool beans. As opposed to school, I'm not treated like a fucking child and therefore willingly do what I'm told to do. Have you ever noticed, that if you work with older people, they treat you as an equal; but if you go to school that's run by people of the same age, they treat you like shit? I've had older people at work respect me more than they do at school who are younger than they are. Maybe it's just because Morris Hills is racist. It's true. Take it from a yellow person. My friend always complains about why staff members are always watching her like hawks - she says, "it's because I'm black!" Or maybe it's just because school is always built on that level of hierarchy - educators are higher than students. But then again, managers don't treat employees like crap at my place of work. I'd like to think that teachers, etc. have a stupid fucking superiority complex. Come on. Get over your failed life and the fact that you're left with nothing else to do besides take a low-end job and go back to where you started from.

Yeah, I know the "because I'm black" excuse is not really a new retort but it's still pretty damn funny when the right person says it.

I had something within the lines of a "quarterly review" today, and my "mentor"/manager was like, "We DON'T want you to leave anytime soon." I wonder where he got that from. It's probably because I'm one of the young'uns and it's obvious that I wouldn't be spending the rest of my life there, because my college plans and such are pretty much known to everybody. Seriously, the only reason I'd leave Banana Republic/Gap Inc. at this point would be to work for the Anthropologie/Free People/Urban Outfitters company, whatever the hell it's called. Now those are the fucking clothes that I want a discount on. I think even my mom sees this job as a keeper; unlike Pier 1 fucking Imports.

Is this entry boring, or what? I apologize. Please tell me that this is the greatest fucking song to ever be performed in what feels like forever.



b3LLy sh1rts f0' LYFE!!!11!!


Christina N. @ 8:39 PM