Friday, March 24
The show was cancelled. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have any primary sources as to howcome, so no details. Oh yeah, damn right somebody's pissed.

There was a dumbfuck who came into Pier 1 Imports fifteen minutes before the store closed and bought an entertainment center. Dude, that box was the size of a small european car. And there was an even bigger goddamn box on top of it. Debra, the manager tonight, hurt her back or some excuse of an injury, so it was Doug and I who had to get the box out. Doug's nineteen and is shorter than me. That ain't helping much. But he did all the major lifting so it's all good.

So we get the fucking Stone Henge of a bigger box off of the entertainment center box, and outside the stockroom door. Then the fucktard of a customer says, "I've had bad experiences with furniture before, so could you guys take it out of the box so I could see if it's okay and if it is, bring it out to my car?" It took about five minutes to get the box open and the entertainment center out. The box was only about two inches shorter than me so I couldn't see the goddamn top of it to cut it open that way. So with the only box cutter that we had, thrashed and clawed away like babboons on steak both sides of the box to push out the console and pull the playhouse-sized box off of it. Jesus fucking Christ.

And then we had to lift it onto a rolling dolly wheel piece of shit. It wouldn't stay on correctly because there's some hole on the bottom that we didn't want to tell the customer about. With lots of hard work and struggling to roll the console outside in drizzling rain, and trying to lift it into the guy's ugly fucking navy-colored Subaru Outback - it wouldn't fit. After all that, and rolling the console back into the store, the guy says that we would have to have it delivered to him. He leaves without leaving either of us a tip. Dipshit.

On a brighter note, when I got home and looked over my check, I saw that I had gotten a raise. Eleven cents. Hey, that makes a fucking difference. And I'd only been working for five or six months.


Christina N. @ 11:12 PM