Sunday, January 29
At around 8:30 tonight at work, I was reorganizing cocktail shakers and bar tool sets, when I heard this knocking from the glass windows. It scares the shit out of me and when I look, there's these two little girls with blue ice cream smeared all over their mouths waving hello to me. Their dad was standing nearby. That's my "WTF?" moment for the day.

Ice cream outside at night in the winter, sounds like something I would do. I used to wear a t-shirt and eat ice cream outside in 40 degree weather right after gym class for a nice cool-down. It was pretty awesome, man.

Strangely, a lot of people have been quitting. One person was supposed to work at the same time that I was tonight, but called in just this afternoon saying that they'd quit. Jesus Christ, they've just been hired this week and I've never even met them yet. There was another person who'd been working for about two months that I'd baffledly never even met, and they quit not too long ago also. Pier 1 now has only about fifteen employees, and I'm hearing that around three more are quitting too. Hopefully I'll get more of my hours back, motherfucker.

My assistant manager Courtney and I were chit-chatting and she told me about this story when she was running a bit late and got to work just about five minutes before the store opened. She had her back facing toward the door and was counting money, until she heard some psycho woman banging and screaming on the locked door as though inside the store the sasquatch had her baby in its hands and was about to pop its head like a Pez dispenser. She said the lady was about to fucking knock down the door, that's how crazy she was.

Meanwhile, Courtney kept on counting the money, ignoring the woman because she was too fucking scared. She then got Chuck, who was also working at the time, to answer the door. He answered it calmly and without getting a beating in the face. He's pretty tall so I don't think that's really possible. But anyway, turns out that the lady was going more insane than Axl Rose on an intruding cameraman because "YOU GUYS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!"

Holy shit, who the fuck gets into a murderously violent mood to shop at Pier 1 Imports? Not even I could get that fucking fucked up wherever there's an acre-large brownie shop in existence. Or maybe. No wait, I fucking would. Because brownies are fucking amazing and household accessories and furniture could kiss their chocolatey ass.


Christina N. @ 12:33 AM