Thursday, December 22
Today I saw a kid wearing a Bon Jovi Have a Nice Day 2005 Tour t-shirt, and I laughed. I can no longer take him seriously anymore. Although I can't remember what his face looked like because the sad shirt that he was wearing was too overbearing.

In aerobics we listened to The Kenny G. Christmas Album. Right when I heard the teacher say the title, I laughed. And then we did Tae Bo with Billy Blanks because my life is corny like that. Knowing the fact that my life is quite corny, I don't laugh.

Adding to how corny my life is, my parents are having a big Christmas party on Saturday - inviting about twenty people in all. And maybe a few more thanks to me and my greed of being lonely whenever my family members have or go to parties because my own kind of people reject me. If I had a camera, I'd have taken pictures for ya'll of the house - it is completely holiday-a-fied: Tree neatly decorated and lit, lots of shiny wrapped presents placed under the tree, a lighted garland hung around the mantel of the fireplace, christmas lights on the bushes outside, and more lighted garlands and wreaths in the basement/entertainment center, as my mother calls it.

She even went out and bought Christmas music for this occasion. I have to admit, I am pretty embarassed about that part. But hey, she has good intention.

This next corny fact is that my parents and their friends, whomever is having the big party that year, the party is always on Christmas Eve and everyone who's invited to the party brings in presents and puts them under the tree. Party goes on all night until about some time before midnight, everyone is called to gather around the tree and there's always the old guy who wears the Santa hat and hands out a present to someone that it belongs to, one by one and everyone watches the person open the present and be happy, pictures are snapped, yadda yadda yadda. Happens to be the favorite part of my entire day besides the taste of freshly cooked food in my mouth being enveloped by my germs.

I feel guilty about being an asshole one night while I was bored, because somehow I ended up standing in the living room in front of the tree and spotted a mysterious-looking present that I had not seen before. So what the fuck did I do? I picked it up and saw that it was for me from my dad. It's a box approximately 6 x 5 x 10 inches and is quite heavy, most likely a digital camera because he totally knows I want one so that I could take pictures of people in wheelchairs and publish an award-winning photography book and become part of the french elite.

I had to be even more of a dick by shaking the present from my mom and finding out that it feels a lot like fabric tightly and neatly packed inside a small box to try to conceal what it is. Also known as it could be a new shirt. The corniness of this is that there are tons of old school cartoons showing kids sneaking out from their beds at night to shake their presents. Except that I'm twice the size and three times the age of your average child. Not to mention a hundred times more asian.


Christina N. @ 5:08 PM