Friday, October 7
So I'm pretty content with myself right now. I might actually have gotten the job. I'd earn $7.25 an hour, but who gives a fuck. Five hours a day, four days a week equals twenty hours a week. That's $580 in one fucking month. (I needed a calculator, man.) That's a goddamn fortune for me, considering I have no bills to pay, no car to care for, no baby to feed. Today after school I had to have my mom drive me to my employer to sign my working papers, drive right back to school (the losers who have the shitty bus drivers were still waiting for their buses), finalize the working papers, and go all the way back to my employer to give it to them. While the people were talking about stuff and looking through my files and telling me what's next and all, I kept hearing fragments like "...and we can take her to orientation." I've heard this quite a few times over the past couple of times that I'd seen them so I think it's a good thing. Unless I've got my shit wrong or something. Which I hardly doubt.

In other stuff, my totally hot uncle came home last weekend for a visit from the Pratt Institute in New York. Out of all the seven deadly sins, I think I have committed every single one, and committed them well. To the very fucking core. (You all know that I'm the master of gluttony.) And having met this guy for the first time in August, I accomplished lust. He's twenty-three, shorter than me, but it's quite astonishing that he's the only hot asian dude that I have ever seen. What the fuck, man - he's related to me. And to be honest, I have no idea if he's my uncle or second cousin or whatever the fuck. But he's a relative.

On Sunday before he was going to leave to go back to the city, we had this long talk on lots of stuff. (talk about vague) It was mainly music though, and how he met the Kings of Leon, loves The Strokes and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. He went to a whole shitload of Strokes concerts and they are probably the band that he digs most. It's really amazing that he likes all these bands, because they make up pretty much all the current music that I listen to. God, I used to love The Strokes so fucking much, and dropped dead when first seeing Kings of Leon and BRMC on TV for the first time. But lately I hadn't been listening to either bands, and now I find myself falling all over them again just to get a reminder.

My uncle or second cousin or whatever the fuck he is, on Saturday he lent me his iPod to borrow. And Jesus fucking Christ, I thought I had quite an impressive music collection - but he fucking blows me away, double time. I wish I could've copied a lot of the songs onto my computer to save, but it's either you can't do that or I don't know how to. Apple and their products are so fucking difficult to use. What really cracked me up was when I plugged the iPod into my computer, saw that he named it "Binh's lil white bitch." I fucking laughed. And I swear, his name translated to english translates to the word "bottle." It's either that it really does mean "bottle" or there's some other synyonym that I don't know about.

Another thing that I like about him, very much, is that he actually wears clothes that fit him. Every single other asian dude I know either doesn't care what the fuck he looks like and ends up looking like an even uglier ass than he already is, or is a ghetto wannabe and therefore still makes him end up looking like an even uglier ass. Binh has a pair of dark dark navy corduroy pants - how fucking cool is that. Anyone who wears corduroy pants gets a thumbs up from me.

He still can't pronounce "Greenwich" either, which is pretty funny. For him it's still like "sandwich." Overall he's just a really rad guy, and I'm glad that we relate in many ways.

Oh and while surfing the net a while ago, I came across a butt shot of Leonard Nemoy beating the shit out of somebody. That's right, Dr. Spock without the ears, without the clothes, beating somebody up. It was really funny. But I'm not going to show you because I think I'm the only one who finds it funny. Pretty much everyone besides myself would be totally disgusted to high heaven.


Christina N. @ 5:11 PM