Wednesday, September 21
My mom totally despises the Stones. It kind of surprises me because I thought she liked a lot of '60s and '70s artists. And sometimes I subconsciously think in my own twisted head, "You've got the be fucking crazy to not like the Stones in some shape or form" (a phrase that I completely disbelieve). But I shouldn't be talking, because I don't like the Beatles. As a matter of fact, I try to avoid them as much as possible - I'm not sure why. One reason is because they bore the living hell out of me. This kid in my art class in freshman year, hogged the boombox and was playing a Beatles album; Which one, I [obviously (wouldn't)] don't know. It totally fucking killed me and it aggravated the shit out of me when I was trying to do my work. Ironically enough, that certain project turned out to be total crap. Out of logical sense I shouldn't be blaming the kid and the Beatles, I just said that to be an asshole.

It's not even a matter of that popular thought of "Beatles are clean-cut, Stones are hardcore" type of bullshit. They just purely, genuinely, bore me. I've tried liking them, but as the years went by, I gradually finally accepted [and admitted] the fact that I don't like the Beatles. Sure, I've had short phases of which they were all I listened to, but they only lasted for about a week. I didn't give a shit, no interest, really.

My folks, on the otherhand, fucking adore them. Then again, whose folks don't? Unless your parents are Fidel Castro and Elvira, then I understand.

Elvira needed stitches after having sex with Tom Jones, did you know that?


Christina N. @ 6:49 PM