Tuesday, April 12
I'm going out tomorrow! Finally. But the thing is, I'm used to being a recluse. I don't really know what to do or how to interact with folks, or maybe it's just that I'm real fucking nervous. Or just all of that bunched together. All I know is how to clean. And that's depressing.

This morning I woke up at around 9:40 and made myself a philly cheesesteak. It was good. Then I read more in the book about deadly cults. I just finished the chapter on religious cults and have started on the chapter on occult cults. Another scary thing is, there's one cult, I already forgot what it's called, but the members of it are called Moonies. One person who was a former member, he's a senator of some sort I think, and he warns us that one of the leader's motives is, once the cult obtains power of the U.S., no one is allowed to marry, except for the person appointed to them by the cult. It's not so impossible and farfetched as it seems, because some members of the cult already hold high positions in politics. They've purchased large newspaper companies and such.

Stupid shit. It's a scary thought, but highly unlikely that a fucking dumb cult would take over the United States. Looney 40-year old virgins, that's who they are, trying to get sex and money. And we all know god doesn't support such greedy material things.

The mother and sibling have gone to Michael's Arts & Crafts to buy stuff for her science experiment and to return my dad's unfitting tuxedo stuff. I'm stuck at home trying to resist the temptation of devouring the whole new gallon of Edy's Cookies and Cream ice cream.

As a matter of fact, since I am so free of anything today, I think I'm going to go polish the kitchen cabinets and counters to a Donny Osmond-like sheen.

Every time that I watch Jackass, no matter how many times that I've watched the same episode already, I fucking laugh my ass off. God, I fucking love that show.

Oh and Nine Inch Nails was on TV today. That's hard to believe. In the midst of all the Ciara and The Killers and all that crap, they had Nine Inch Nails' "The Hand That Feeds" as #3 on MTV2's something-Countdown. And quite frankly, speaking of the new material, I'm not impressed. True, I think it's pretty good, but as an artist aren't you always trying to surpass your last greatest work to sustain your momentum? That's where With Teeth fails. It doesn't surpass in greatness compared to his older works. Although I like what I've heard so far, it just feels weak. I've also heard the song "Getting Smaller," and even though it is pretty good, like I've said before; it isn't so great. It's nothing special. I also have a feeling that Trent has fallen into the trend of getting older and falling into conformity with the younger people, sort of like running out of ideas and going to newer trends as a last resort. His new work just feels, I hate to say this, "more media friendly." There's nothing controversial or mind-blowing. And this is a great disappointment to me.

But why should I be saying this, I haven't even heard the entire goddamn album yet. It hasn't even been fucking released.

Also, Trent's latest hairstyle. He purposely puts his hair in front of his face. That's so fucking cliche nowadays. I hate to say that emo kids like to do that, but I'll try to see it in Shaina's point of view - Fuck labels.

So is this the end for Nine Inch Nails? Possibly, and then it can't be in some ways. I have a feeling that there's at least one more album coming out in the future, but whatever. There may be not.

I haven't spoken about Nine Inch Nails in ages, and I mean ages, man. I tend to go through phases of different musicians through time, and of course I go back and forth, and then forward again, and so on. Listening to the earlier stuff, I'm finally appreciating all over again how fucking amazing Nine Inch Nails is. Why I've been neglecting it for so long, I don't know. Maybe it's because of the foul mood I've been in. You know, if you're all happy-go-lucky, head-in-the-sky, head-over-heels in bliss, Nine Inch Nails isn't the greatest choice in music for that time being.


Christina N. @ 12:59 PM