Wednesday, April 27
Most oftentimes when people disappoint me, I seldom say in my mind, "I hate people." But that's not true at all. I just dislike some aspects of human nature in humans. And the fact that most, if not all, humans are extremely confusing, in any aspect of the term.

Shallowness. Or the real way to call it, "superficiality," is one thing that really makes me lose respect in somebody. One way of showing that one is superficial is boasting about how supposedly smart someone is just because of scoring incredibly high grades. That's pretty horrible in my opinion to actually, genuinely think that a person is truly smart just because of high grades. Just horrible. Smart comes in a lot of other ways too, which I think are much more important than the all too common "book smart" definition of the word; important to life now, then, and most definitely in the future.

I'm talking about being genuine and having integrity. The opposite of that are those who put on a happy face and say nice, specious things to you, and you can tell by looking in their eyes that they are lacking soul and meaning. Yeah, another type of "shallow" person. What makes this even more horrible is when someone actually falls for it, or that shallow person. I almost have pity for anyone who falls for an empty person, especially when that fallen person has such great potential, is such a wonderful person and is suddenly blinded by the soul-less' pretty face. If you look at it in a way, it's quite a waste of a great person, but I don't really think so in this case. Yet in other ways it can't be, and maybe there is a genuine connection between the two. Who knows. Who cares. I can move on. I can shut the fuck up and treat myself to something nice later on. I just have to think of what it is.


Christina N. @ 8:05 PM